- Chhukha Rabdey |
- Dagana Rabdey |
- Gasa Rabdey |
- Haa Rabdey |
- Lhuentse Rabdey |
- Mongar Rabdey |
- Paro Rabdey |
- Pemagatshel Rabdey|
- Samdrupjongkhar Rabdey |
- Samtse Rabdey|
- Sarpang Rabdey|
- Tashigang Rabdey|
- Trashiyangtse Rabdey|
- Trongsa Rabdey|
- Tsirang Rabdey|
- Wangduephodrang Rabdey|
- Zhemgang Rabdey|
The construction of Chhukha Dzong started in 2002 as per the Royal Command of His Majesty the Fourth King. It was completed in 2008. His Holiness the 70th Je Khenpo consecrated the Dzong and Chhukha Rabdey (District Monk Body) was also shifted to this Dzong. Since then, it became the residence for the 184 monks of the Rabdey and the HQ of the Dzongkhag Dakchong (District Administration) and Dzongkhag Thrimkhang (District Court).
In accordance with the Command of Zhabdrung Rinpoche, Drongyer Druk Namgyel visited Dagana and started building the Dzong in 1648. The construction was completed in three years and was named as Daga Tashiyangtse Dzong. The main statues of the Dzong are Jowo Shacha Muni and the sixteen Arhats. The Dzong serves as the residence for the 207 monks of Daga Rabdey (District Monk Body) and the HQ of the district administration. The Dzong is also known as the Lho Tashi Tagye Dzong (the southern Dzong of the eight lucky signs).
In the early part of 13th century, Dubthob Terkhungpa subdued the deity Damchen Gomo and blessed every inch of the land in the region. Later in 1640, Tenzin Drukdra constructed a Dzong. With the passage of time the Dzong fell into ruins but was renovated by the Fourth Desi Gyelse Tenzin Rabgay. In 1999, as part of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of His Majesty the Fourth King, the Rabdey (District Monk Body) was established. Since then the Dzong served as the official residence for the 120 members of the Rabdey and the Dzongkhag Administration.
The Haa Rabdey (District Monk Body) was established in 1983 under the Command of His Majesty the Fourth King and was positioned in Lhakhang Karpo, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan dating back to the 7th century AD. It was built by the Dharma King Songtsen Gampo of Tibet, who was one of the former reincarnations of Zhabdrung Rinpoche. Due extensions were made by the Royal government to accommodate the 168 monks of the district monk body.
As proposed by the local deity Chhukhar Drakpa, Yongzin Ngagi Wangchuk established the place as his residence and built a small temple in the year 1552 AD. Later in 1654, Chhogyal Minjur Tenpa added 11 more temples and the complex became a Dzong. Today, both the District Monk Body with 280 monks and the Dzongkhag Administration are housed in this Dzong.
Yabje Mipham Tenpai Nyima constructed Mongar Dzong in the year 1570. It was renovated to the present stature by the Dzongpon Babu Tashi in 1954. Then in 1966, the Rabdey Dratshang (District Monk Body) was established under the Command of the Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck and the 65th Je Khenpo, Chabje Yeshey Singye. Sacred relics and treasures including the Vajradhara statue discovered from the Mebartsho Lake by Terchen Pema Lingpa are enshrined. Apart from serving as the residence for the 300 monks of the district monk body, it also houses the district administration.
The Dzong was built in 1644 AD corresponding to the Wood Monkey Year of the 11th Rabjung. The Dzong was named as Druk Rinchen Pungdzong as it resembled a stack of jewels. It is the residence of the 400 monks of Paro Rabdey (District Monk Body). It is also the administration center for Paro Dzongkhag Dakchong (District Administration) and houses the Dzongkhag Thrimkhang (District Court) as well.
The Dzong was constructed on the Command of His Majesty the Fourth King to benefit the people of Shar Dungsamkha. The construction started in 1983 and was completed in 1987. Hostels for monks were constructed and a new Rabdey Dratshang (District Monk Body) was established. Since then the Dzong has housed the 130 monks of the district monk body. In summer, the Rabdey moves to Yongla Goenpa and stays there for three months.
The construction of the Dzong commenced under the Royal Command of His Majesty the Fourth King in 1999. After completion in 2007, the Rabdey Dratshang (District Monk Body) with 115 monks was established. The Dzong has turned out to be very crucial and beneficial as Samdrupjongkhar became the hub for business and the gateway to all eastern regions from India.
It was in 1973 that Her Royal Grandmother Ashi Phuntsho Choden built a small temple for the people of the region. Later the Rabdey Dratshang (District Monk Body) was established in this temple in 1986 by His Holiness Je Tenzin Dhendrup. The structure was extended and new hostels were built. Since then, the Dzong has housed the 240 monks of the Rabdey.
The Gelephu Dzong in Sarpang District was initially founded by Lam Therchungla in 1980 as a small temple. In 1983, the Rabdey (District Monastic Body) was established and the temple was expanded to become the Dzong that served as the residence of the 150 monks of the District Monk Body. The Dzong was situated in the heart of Gelephu town. Thus, the Dzong and the Rabdey benefited the public greatly. At the moment, works are ongoing to build a new Dzong for the district at Sarpang, the HQ of the district administration. The Rabdey moves to Surey in the summer.
In accordance with the instruction of Zhabdrung Rinpoche, Chhogyel Minjur Tenpa ordered Kudrung Pekar Chophel to build Tashigang Dzong in 1655. The Dzong became the centre for administration in the eastern region. A living statue of Drubchen Thangthong Gyalpo and the Goenkhang (Sacred Chapel of Mahakala) built by Gyelse Tenzin Rabgay adorn the Dzong. The District Monk Body with 280 monks resides in this Dzong. The district administration is also housed in this Dzong but due to passage of time the Dzong showed signs of impermanence. Thus, His Majesty the King commanded ongoing restoration works for the Dzong since 2014.
Tertoen Pema Lingpa established it as his residence in the 14th century. Later, in 1975, His Majesty the Fourth King renovated and expanded the structure. In 1999, the present Je Khenpo established the Rabdey (District Monk Body). Since then, the Lam Neten (District Abbot) and 145 monks of the Rabdey lived in this historic Dzong.
Druk Desi Chogyal Minjur Tenpa constructed the Dzong on the Command of Zhabdrung Rinpoche in 1647 AD and named as Druk Minjur Choekhor Rabtentse Dzong. The Dzong had played a significant role in the history of the Monarchy in Bhutan since the time of the First King Gongsar Ugyen Wangchuck and his father Druk Desi Jigme Namgyal. The Dzong today is the official residence of the Trongsa Poenlop and the 550 monks of the Trongsa Rabdey (District Monastic Body). It is also the center for administration and law for Trongsa district. The Rabdey moves to Bumthang in summer and stays at Jakar Dzong and the famous Kurje Lhakhang for three months.
Following the Royal Command of the His Majesty the Fourth King, the construction of Tsirang Dzong started in September 1989 and was completed in 1996 corresponding to the Fire Female Year of the Bhutanese calendar. Coinciding with the Descending Day of Lord Buddha, the 69th Je Khenpo, His Holiness Geshey Gedun Rinchen and the then Dorji Lopen Trulku Jigme Choedra consecrated the Dzong. Since then, it has served as the residence for the Lam Neten (District Abbot) and the 115 monks of the Rabdey Dratshang (District Monk Body). In addition to the annual Tsechu festival, several social services and public programs are conducted in this Dzong.
As prophesized by Leygoen Jaro Dongchen (Karma Mahakala), Zhabdrung Rinpoche constructed the Dzong in 1638, corresponding to the Earth Tiger Year of the 11th Rabjung. The people of Shar Dhagye (Eight Regions of Wangduephodrang) contributed the labour. It was completed within a year only. This created great auspiciousness that led to the victory over all opponents in the region thus unifying Bhutan under one rule. It is the residence of the 400 monks of Wangduephodrang Rabdey (District Monastic Body) and HQ of the district administration.
On June 24, 2012 corresponding to the Earth Male Dragon year of the 21st Rabjung, a fire gutted the Dzong but all the Nangtens (Sacred Relics) were intact and recovered jointly by the Royal Bhutan Army, Dessung volunteers, students, local people and monks of the Rabdey. Today, the Dzong is under reconstruction.
In line with Zhabdrung’s vision, Chila Mijur Tenpa blessed the site in 1646 corresponding to the 11th Rabjung. With the objective of spreading the Dharma in the eastern part of the country Lama Namsey Dorji and Umzey Damchoe Rabgay Kudrung Pekar Choephel constructed a Dzong in 1655 in the Female Sheep year, 11th Rabjung.
The Dzong fell into ruins overtime and the Zhemgang Dzongpon Thinley Namgyel renovated it. In 1966, His Holiness Je Yeshi Singye and the Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck established a Rabdey to propagate the Dharma to the people of Khengri Namsum. Today, the dzongkhag administrative offices are also housed in the Dzong.\